Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thoughts and motivation..

I had my first day of freelance work at a commercial studio. I didn't really know what to expect before i went. When i reached the studio, i was introduced to photographers and started work immediately. Setting up lights etc.. It was interesting as i've never seen how a product shoot goes before.

But as the shoot took place, i felt my legs were so tired form 3-4 hours of standing and felt like giving up! There were so much sai kang to do. Clean the product, serve the clients coffee, bring the products back and forth when they were so heavy! Wash the cups, sweep the floor, i really felt like a cleaner there. Yes, they told me it's alot of hard work but i didn't expect such hard work! I thought it'll be working hard to strive for better pictures and immense creativity juice, not hard LABOUR! And i think to myself i can't assist too long in this! I'll go crazy!

thankfully i was told that i'll be given chances along the way to shoot as i feel more confident. It really trains me as i made so many boo-boos today. I can't set up a c-stand properly, don't know how to detach a digital back. Looking ahead, i so swear to be #1 and will remember all the hardwork i went through!

No comments: